I'm really upset. I'm most likely not going to be teaching at Vaux next year, which is not what I had planned. Mastery Charter is already planning a takeover, and I can't work at charter schools.
I'm worried for my students. The majority of my kids will be kicked out of a charter school within a month and dumped into another overpopulated high school where the class sizes already break 30. Nobody is planning to change Vaux for them; they are changing the school to get grant money, because the project towers are coming down, and because there's money to be made in taking over schools.
This is hard to deal with. My life revolves around my students and to everyone "higher up" than me acts like that's not enough. It's not enough to love my kids, to create a safe environment for them, encourage them, advocate for them, and actually make them learn for ONCE in their lives. It's depressing.
I can see myself having to stand aside and watch as my beautiful, precious students are left behind.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment